Phoenix Energy Services - Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Skip Navigation

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Carbon Monoxide is a highly poisonous gas that is very difficult to detect as you cannot see, smell or taste it. You may not be aware of its presence until it's too late.

With an increasing number of carbon monoxide alarms appearing on the market it is very important that you choose the right one. A carbon monoxide kitemarked alarm is available directly from Phoenix Energy Services priced at 25 including postage and packing.

To find out more or to by a carbon monoxide alarm call 03454 55 55 55 or submit the form below.

 

Key facts

  • Any appliance that burns a fossil fuel such as oil, coal or gas can emit carbon monoxide, which is colourless, odourless and has no taste.
  • Carbon monoxide can exist in your home if you have a faulty appliance or a room that is not properly ventilated. Fumes from these faulty appliances or flues can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which can cause sickness and in the very worst cases, death.
  • To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning, you should ensure your appliances are correctly installed and regularly serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
  • Make sure that the rooms in your home that contain appliances are properly ventilated and never block vents or any appliance flue.
  • For added safety and peace of mind, SF Detection (world leaders in gas detection), suggest you should fit a carbon monoxide alarm, which is officially approved and kitemarked to either the British Standard BS7860 or the latest European Standard EN50291.
  • Carbon monoxide alarms should be marked with an ‘end of life’ indicator. Test your alarm regularly and replace it when it reaches the end of its life.  Remember more than one alarm may be required.

 

Carbon Monoxide Detection Request

Boiler Check

In an Emergency...